Ammouliani is an island in the bay of the Holy Mountain, opposite Tripiti port. It is the only inhabited island in Halkidiki. It has an area of approximately 4.5 square kilometers
and is located 120 km away from Thessaloniki.
The island used to be a dependency of the Monastery of Vatopedi, while after 1925 it became a place of establishment of Asia Minor refugees .
Today it belongs to the Municipality of Stagira - Acanthus and has about 500 residents, engaged in fishing and tourism. The central church is St. Nicholas, built in 1865.
There is a nursery and a primary school, a pharmacy and a police station. Every year St. George is honored in April.
Some of the most famous beaches are Alikes, Agios Georgios and the Megali Ammos. A major attraction, apart from the old church, is the arsenal in Ammouliani, which is of typical monastic architecture.